Letters found in a wall
(a completed form with top right hand side missing)
(this in handwriting)
The Parents or Guardians
( .Model School)
(Scribbled note at bottom of page)
You neadent send me this back - for it is of no use to me
I beg to inform y ..which ?????? . Martin paid ??? . School Fees will expire on Satu the 27th day of Septr , and it will be necessary on that day to pay in advance the fees for the next Quarter, amounting to the Sum of 5/- , otherwise, in accordance with the Regula-tions of the School, his Name must be removed from the Rolls.
Your very obedient Servant,
Geo H(?) Moore
(start of page 2 - top right hand side of page missing)
of the .
1. Parents wishing to have their Chil .must apply to the Teachers of the respect .and Nine and Ten o'clock
2. Arrangements have been made . the Commissioners of National Educat .. for the separate Religious Instruction of the
3. The hours of attendance at School are from T ..the first five days of the week, and from Ten till Twelve
(The doors are closed every Morning precisely at which hour no Child can be admitted.)
4. If a Child be required at home on any day, the Parents should info the Teacher beforehand - or should this not be practicable, send an explanatio..on the day of absence.
5. If the foregoing Rule be not complied with, the Parents will be informed of the Pupil's absence, by a Note from the Teacher, to whom they are requested to give a reply.
6. The names of Children whose attendance may prove irregular, will be removed from the School Rolls; and in case they should again seek admission into the School, application must be made in the usual manner. Such applications will be dealt with in order of date, and without taking precedence of any others previously made.
7. The fees are 1s. 1d., 2s. 6d., and 5s per Quarter, to be paid in advance, the rate of payment to be determined in each case by the circumstances of the Parents or Guardians.
8. A notification will be sent to the Parents or Guardians every Saturday, of the child's attention to his studies during the week; and it is earnestly requested that the Parents will co-operate with the Teachers by inspecting the judgment card every Saturday evening, and signing it in the proper place. It is also requested that the parents will call upon the Teachers at the Schools, between Nine and Ten o'clock, any morning, for information on this point, in case the child neglect to present the judgment card regularly.
9. Each child must be provided with the books necessary for home study. A list of the books required, with the prices at the reduced rates, will be sent to the Parents or Guardians on the first day the child attends, and afterwards as the child may require new ones.
10. No Child deficient in personal cleanliness, or having any infectious disease, can be admitted.
567. 10,000. 6. 62
Printed by ALEXANDER THOM, 87 and 88, Abbey-street, Dublin